Tim Knee-Robinson has a proven track record with the University of Cambridge, delivering 12 projects on time and within budget
Tim Knee-Robinson has a proven track record with the University of Cambridge, delivering 12 projects, all of which have achieved the clients time cost and quality objectives including all of them being delivered under budget. Tim has a long track record of working with a number of education sector clients including schools, colleges and universities over the last ten years including Oundle School, Bedford School, Sharnbrook Upper School, Milton Keynes College, Coventry University and Cranfield University.This experience includes:
- A 2,575sqm three storey new build science centre for Sharnbrook Upper School which was delivered 2 months ahead of programme, with a construction period of nine months and under budget at £1,650/sqm.
- Successfully delivering an exceptional high quality 3,000sqm new build science centre for Oundle School.
- Delivering 12 complex projects for the University of Cambridge ranging in value from £600k to £40m. The projects included new build and complex refurbishment. All were delivered within the client’s time, quality and cost objectives.
- Delivering a range of smaller scale refurbishment and reconfiguration works ranging in value from £150k to £1.5m for the likes of Sharnbrook Upper School, Cranfield University and the Imperial War Museum, Duxford.
TKR Consultancy provides that independent and professional service to plan, lead, organise and control the management of projects and programmes, from inception to completion.
Our approach is about ownership of the project and we provide a single point of contact for control and reporting across the whole construction team. We see ourselves as an extension of your team, with drivers that are the same as yours:
- To deliver a project that meets your vision
- To deliver a premium scheme on time and on budget
- To continually innovate and to be at the cutting edge of our industry
At each stage of your project we aim to:
- Inception – develop a road map for successful delivery
- Briefing – clearly define the scope
- Concept Design – turn the development brief into a set of outline proposals
- Design Development – develop the concept design
- Detail Design – clearly define the scope of work ready for procurement
- Procurement – find the optimum strategy
- Construction and commissioning – ensure time, cost and quality objectives are met
- Aftercare – manage the transition from a finished building into an occupied building
Our services can be tailored to suit the needs of the client and project objectives and can include:
- Establishing the brief and scope of work for the project
- Establishing the development and construction budgets
- Preparation of an outline programme
- Preparation of a detailed project programme
- Selection and appointment of the consultant team
- Management and coordination of the consultant team during the design development stage
- Establishing and monitoring development cost budgets
- Preparation of construction cost estimates
- Monitoring of costs vs budgets and managing corrective actions
- Monitoring progress vs programme and managing corrective actions
- Risk and value management
- Change management
- Procurement and contract strategies
- Preparation of tender documents
- Preparation of contract documents
- Tendering and appointment of contractor
- Contract administration / Employer’s Agent
- Project close out and handover