- Transmission Substation Civil Solution Programme, Hong Kong Client: CLP Power Hong Kong Ltd, Hong Kong Services: NEC Adviser (including contract strategies, contract preparation and document review, implementation support and compliance audits) and NEC training. Value: confidential Duration: commencing 2010 Description: The programme involves delivering a number of individual projects during which they wish to evaluate the benefits of utilising the NEC suite of contracts. The projects involve the construction of a number of 132kv substations across Hong Kong.
- Project Fresco Client: AkzoNobel Services: NEC Adviser, (including contract strategies, contract document reviews, development of a practice manual, implementation support and healthcheck audits) and NEC training. Value: £100m+ (HK$1.2bn+) Duration: 2011 – 2013 Description: The project involves constructing a new build paint manufacturing facility on a greenfield site. Procurement is split across 6 major elements including Site Infrastructure, Process Infrastructure, Electrical Services, MES and Control, Dispensing System and Filing and packing. The client is evaluating the benefits of utilising the full suite of NEC contracts in procuring the above elements including the ECC, PSC, TSC and Supply Contract
- Retrofitting of Noise Barriers to Tai Po Tai Wo Road Phase 1, Hong Kong Client: Mannings (Asia) Consultants Ltd (ultimate client – Highways Department, Hong Kong) Services: NEC Advisor (including tender and contract documentation review, implementation support and reviews) and NEC training. Value: HK$50m (£4m) Duration: 2011 – 2013 Description: The project involves retrofitting noise barriers alongside an existing highway.
- Improvement of Fuk Man Road nullah in Sai Kung, Hong Kong Client: Drainage Services Department, Hong Kong Services: NEC Adviser (including contract document review, development of a practice manual, implementation support and healthcheck audits), NEC training and cost auditing. Value: HK$60m (£5m) Duration: 2009 – 2012 Description: The project involves constructing decking to a 180m by 12m wide section of an open nullah, landscaping works and improvements to an adjacent road junction. The project is the first public sector NEC pilot project in Hong Kong and was procured through a single stage NEC target cost contract.
- Town Hall Complex Transformation Programme Client: Manchester City Council Services: NEC Adviser (including establishing the contract strategy, contract preparation, facilitating the negotiation of the target cost, development of a practice manual, implementation support and healthcheck audits) and NEC training. Value: £154m (HK$1.85bn) Duration: 2010 – 2013 Description: The project involves refurbishing c. 46,000sqm within the existing grade II listed Town Hall and Library to create open plan office space and a new library environment. The project was procured through a two stage design and build.
- NEC3 ECC Works Information Guidance Client: Contracts Board, Institution of Civil Engineers) Services: Drafter and working group member Value: N/A Duration: 2010 – 2011 Description: Tim Knee-Robinson was appointed as lead drafter of an ECC Works Information Guidance. The guidance is for public benefit and provides a resource to enable users to create better Works Information and hence improve the outcome of contracts using the NEC. The guidance includes a model form structure. Following an extensive audit of best practice examples available in the UK, the structure chosen as the basis for the guidance was the one conceived of by Tim Knee-Robinson.
Tim Knee-Robinson will be delivering a number of workshops on behalf of the NEC in September and October about Keeping the Programme up to date, in London, Leeds and Glasgow. For further details please follow the link below:
- NEC Asis Pacific User Group Conference, Hong Kong – 10th October 2014
- Project Management Success
- NEC Training
- TKR Consultancy continues to support the use of the NEC in Hong Kong
- NEC User Group Conference, Hong Kong – 26th November 2013
- Imperial War Museum, Duxford – AirSpace Redevelopment
- Milton Keynes College – Sports Hall
- Milton Keynes College – Reception and Learning Centre
- Oundle School – SciTec Centre